About Rajmachi Fort Trek :
Rajmachi is one of the famous trek destination in Sahyadri mountains and one of the favorite destination for every trekker and beginners. Fort stands at a height of 2750 feet overlooking the Bhorghat Pass (a major old trade route during Maratha empire). This fort built by Shivaji in 17th century. You can spend lots time over the fort by exploring twin forts “Manaranjan” & “Shrivardhan”. Visit Bhairavnath Temple, Mahadev Temple & Rajmachi lake. There are 2 routes to reach Rajmachi, first from Lonavala and other being Karjat route.
We are going to cover both the routes, from Lonavala partly by jeep and then walk upto Udhewadi which is approximately 6 kms. Next day we shall descend through Karjat route and visit “Kondhane Caves” en-route to Kondivade village.
Category : Trekking
Duration : 01 Night / 02 Days
Level : Easy
Outing : 01st-02nd July 2017
Day 01 :
Catch early morning train Indrayani Express. Meet our leader at Lonavala station have breakfast at station. Start jeep ride till ‘Y’ fork junction Udhewadi and Valvand village. From here trek to Rajmachi village. Enroute lunch. Visit Shrivardhan & Manaranjan fort. Have tea at base village and visit temples and lake in the vicinity.
Evening activities like thought sharing, singing followed by dinner. Then time for a good sleep.
Day 02 :
Post breakfast start descending towards Karjat it will take 3 hrs to reach base village Kondivade en route visit “Kondhana Caves”. Have lunch at Kondivade village and then tumtum will drop us at Karjat station.
Tour concludes with fun-loving Memories :D
Things to carry : Id Proof Compulsory
1. Lunch / Dinner as per schedule.
2. Water Bottle (2 Liters Compulsory)
3. Electral Powder / Energy bars / Dry Snacks (dry fruits. biscuits, plum cakes etc).
4. Good grip quality trekking shoes – Must (Please check soles of your shoes and get them stitched if necessary).
5. Personal Medication / First Aid kit
6. Toiletries (Napkin, facewash, tissue paper etc.).
7. Cap, goggles, sunscreen, moisturizer, mosquito repellent etc. (as per season)
8. Proper Backpack to carry all these things (No handbags, duffle bag or jholas)
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Rainwear (Jacket / Ponchos ) or Winter wear (Jackets, warmers or sweaters) – (as per season).
11. Carry your own glass, bowl, spoon and plate (if necessary)
12. Extra Pair of Clothes (as per schedule)
13. Sleeping bag / mat / bedsheet (as per schedule)
14. Slippers (optional – at the end of day / trek so that your feet can relax).
1. Transportation from Rajmachi to Lonavala
2. Kondiwade to Karjat by public transportation
3. All veg meals on tour (2 Breakfast, 1 Dinner, 1 Lunch)
4. Accommodation on dormitory sharing basis
5. Expertise and Guide Charges
1. Lunch on Saturday
2. Tax as applicable
3. Anything other then mentioned above
Tour Price : Rs.1,400/- per person+Tax as applicable
46 Days or more before date of departure: 25% of total cost.
31 – 45 Days before date of departure: 50% of total cost.
30 days before date of departure: 100% of total cost.
Important: The booking stands liable to be cancelled if 100% payment is not received less than 30 days before date of departure.
Cancellation charges per person
30 days or more before departure: 25% of total cost
29 – 20 days before departure: 50% of total cost
Less than 20 days before departure: 100% of total cost
If we change or cancel your holiday
We do plan the arrangements in advance. It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your travel arrangements.
Occasionally, we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. If there are any changes, we will advise you of them at the earliest possible date.
We also reserve the right under any circumstances to cancel your travel arrangements by assigning reasons to you.
If we are unable to provide the booked travel arrangements due to reasons beyond our control (e.g. bad weather):We shall first try to offer alternative dates for the tour if the tour hasn’t already commenced. If the alternate arrangement does not suit you, we will refund the amount in full.
If you want to change your holiday plan
After confirmation of services, if you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way (e.g. your chosen departure date or accommodation), we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes must be in writing from the person who made the booking. All cost incurred due to amendment will be borne by you.
All booking vouchers and tickets will be provided 3 days before departure.