Char Dham Yatra by Helicopter is unarguably one of the quickest and convenient way to embark on a spiritual journey in Uttarakhand. But, over the past few years, there have been several fraud cases when devotees were being cheated for helicopter ticket bookings. So, if you are planning Char Dham Yatra 2020 by helicopter and wondering about where, when and how to do the booking, we are here with a complete travel guide that will cover you with all the necessary and authentic information about the chopper services for Char Dham Yatra. But before that, take a look at why you should endure the helicopter service for the popular pilgrimage circuits in the Garhwal Himalayas.
Why Do You Need Helicopter Service for Char Dham Yatra?
Char Dham Yatra helicopter service is not only for those who are pressed for time but also those who can’t manage to undertake the extensive road journeys. Travelling to the pilgrimage destinations by helicopter will let you complete the entire pilgrimage tour in the shortest period of time along with offering you never had before spiritual experience to cherish for years to come. After all, nothing can beat the experience of witnessing incredible and unparalleled beauty of the mountains all around and make it to all the Char Dham destinations including Yamunotri, Gangotri, Badrinath and Kedarnath situated at a great distance from each other in such a short time!
Advantages of Char Dham Yatra by Helicopter
The perks of travelling to Char Dham by Helicopter are many. Of all, few of them includes the following:
- The first and foremost benefit of travelling to 4 Dham by helicopter is it saves a lot of time, especially for those who are tight on schedule.
- It is the most comfortable mode of transport for those who are aged or suffering from any physical ailment.
- Devotees can get a bird’s eye view of the breathtaking Himalayan beauty all around.
Disadvantages of Char Dham Yatra By Helicopter
Even through the helicopter ride costs a lot more than the traditional mode of travelling but it is worth taking in terms of time and a new experience.
How Many Heli Services are there in Uttarakhand for Chardham Yatra?
Well, there are a number of Char Dham Heli services in Uttarakhand that are both public and private. Some of the helicopter operators even offer services according to the number of Dhams you would wish to perform pilgrimage like Ek Dham, Do Dham, Teen Dham and Char Dham Helicopter Yatra. The timings and fares of the helicopter service can vary accordingly. Also, charter planes services are available for Kedarnath and Badrinath Yatra. Devotees can either visit Badrinath or Kedarnath by a charter or can choose either of the two sacred sites. Mentioned below are the names of popular Heli tour operators for Char Dham in Uttarakhand:
- Pawan Hans
- Heritage Aviation
- JetTech Aviation
- Aryan Aviation Pvt Ltd
- Ghodawat Aviation
- Sar Aviation
- Colossus Air
- Pinnacle Air Pvt Ltd
- Utair India Pvt Ltd
- Himalayan Heli
- Summit Aviation Pvt Ltd
- Aerodream Aviation
From Which Places Chardham Yatra Heli Services Operates?
The starting point of the 4 Dham Yatra helicopter service is Sahastradhara Helipad in Dehradun. The helicopter services to all the four destinations including Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath and Badrinath is conducted at 6:30 AM. Take a quick look at the sample itinerary for Char Dham Helicopter.
- Helicopter Service to Yamunotri: Sahastradhara Helipad to Kharsali (Helicopter) – Kharsali to Yamunotri Temple (Pony or Trek). Return to Kharsali.
- Helicopter Service to Gangotri: Kharsali to Harsil (Helicopter) – Harsil to Gangotri (Car). Return to Kharsali.
- Helicopter Service to Kedarnath: Harsil to Sirsi/Phatka/Guptkashi (Helicopter) – Sirsi/Phatka/Guptkashi to Kedarnath (Helicopter). Return to Guptkashi.
- Helicopter Service to Badrinath: Guptkashi to Badrinath (Helicopter). Return to Dehradun.
Also, devotees who wish to endure Do Dham Yatra (Kedarnath-Badrinath), the itinerary looks like:
- Helicopter Service to Kedarnath: Sahastradhara Helipad to Sirsi/Phatka/Guptkashi (Helicopter) – Sirsi/Phatka/Guptkashi to Kedarnath (Helicopter) – Kedarnath Helipad to Kedarnath Temple (around 10-minute trek). Return to Kedarnath Helipad.
- Helicopter Service to Badrinath: Kedarnath Helipad to Badrinath (Helicopter) – Badrinath Helipad to Badrinath Temple (Car or trek) – Return to Dehradun.
Similarly, devotees can attain spiritual fulfilment by availing helicopter service to Ek Dham and Teen Dham.
Is the Char Dham Helicopter Service Exclusive or Shared?
Devotees who are planning to avail helicopter services for Ek Dham, Do Dham, Teen Dham or the entire pilgrimage circuit need to share the ride with other passengers. Exclusive Char Dham Yatra Helicopter service is only for the VVIPs.
What Type of Char Dham Yatra Helicopter Packages are Available?
There are a number of helicopter packages devotees can avail as per their needs and preferences. By this, we mean, devotees who cannot make it to all the 4 Dhams due to time constraints, can avail Ek Dham Yatra, Do Dham or Teen Dham by Helicopter. Also, the cost of helicopter tour packages may vary according to the destination devotees choose to perform pilgrimage. Some of the Char Dham Yatra by helicopter packages are as follows:
- 2N/3D Do Dham Yatra by Helicopter (Kedarnath-Badrinath)
- 1 Day Do Dham Yatra by Helicopter (Kedarnath-Badrinath)
- 1 Day Do Dham Yatra by Helicopter (Yamunotri-Gangotri)
- 4N/5D Char Dham Yatra by Helicopter (Yamunotri-Gangotri-Kedarnath-Badrinath)
How to Book Helicopter for Char Dham Yatra?
How to Protect Yourself from Fraud Cases When Booking Char Dham Yatra Packages?
One of the worst experiences when travelling is to be cheated by fraudsters. We have already mentioned in the beginning, there have been several fraud cases related to helicopter booking for Char Dham Yatra. So, if you are planning a spiritual tour in Garhwal Himalayas by Helicopter, following are the things to remember:
- Helicopter booking will only be made through the official website of Government
- Be aware and don’t trust any person or travel agency who promise to book the helicopter ride
- Read all the guidelines, terms and conditions, cancellation policies carefully
- Stay alert and attentive throughout the journey
Travel Tips for Char Dham Yatra by Helicopter
- There is very limited space in the chopper, so only 5kg per passenger is permitted for Char Dham Helicopter tours. It is recommended to avoid suitcases and carry only handbags.
- Don’t forget to carry cash and helicopter tickets along with you.
- Due to high altitude (especially during Kedarnath Darshan by helicopter), the weather is always cold. Make sure you carry a medical kit and woolen clothes when travelling to Char Dham by helicopter.
- Char Dham Yatra by Helicopter totally depends on the weather conditions. Therefore, it should be kept in mind when booking the helicopter service that there are possibilities of the ride being delayed or cancelled due to bad weather.
So, this was everything you need to know for booking your Char Dham Yatra by helicopter.
If you need more information or assistance in planning your Char Dham Yatra, we are here to help. Give us a call at +91-8744012051 or send your queries at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our travel experts will get back to you with the necessary information required for booking the Char Dham Yatra.