First Published on: 07 Nov, 2019 By Nidhi Singh
Planning to take your wedding vows soon and looking for a perfect romantic honeymoon destination to celebrate the new beginning of your lives? Well, if you are, here we are, with an exhaustively curated list of some of the best romantic getaways from around the globe, which will have your hearts captivated. From a fairytale vacation in Europe to a laid back getaway in the Caribbean, to a romantic escapade in the Oceania, we give you the most romantic honeymoon destinations in the world.
With a mesmerizing blend of sea, sun and sand, Goa is one of the most romantic destinations in India, attracting lots of honeymoon couples from across the world. From a hypnotic scenic beauty and electrifying nightlife to beach parties, enthralling adventure, delectable cuisine and endless fun, Goa never fails to weave its charm on everybody, including those on a romantic vacation.
Romantic Things to Do in Goa
- Go for romantic beach strolls. Most romantic beaches to explore include the gorgeous “Butterfly Beach”, “Vagator”, “Arambol” and “Cavelossim”.
- Embark on a cruise on the pristine “Chapora River”, and get a picture clicked against the amazing backdrop of the picturesque “Chapora Fort”, which rose to fame after the famous Bollywood movie, Dil Chahta Hai.
- Add a spark to your honeymoon by indulging in a range of adventure water sports together.
- Have a breakfast date with dolphins.
- Visit the beautiful Goan churches and wish for a happy life together. The most beautiful churches are, the “Basilica of Bom Jesus”, “Church of St. Francis of Assisi”, and “Church of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception”.
- Stay in a cute beach shack. Spending a night on the beach in these huts is sure to take your romance to another level. Most of them can be found in South Goa, particularly on Palolem, Agonda and Patnem beaches.
- Walk hand-in-hand amidst the labyrinth of the “Old Latin Quarters of Fontainhas” in Panjim. Explore the colourful heritage houses and quirky art galleries, or snuggle in a little corner of the quaint bakeries. Asia’s only Latin Quarters is sure to leave you surprised in more ways than one.
- Embrace the beauty of the enchanting “Dudhsagar Falls”. Couples looking for their fair share of thrill and adventure can also explore the “Club Mahaveer Sanctuary” and “Mollem National Park.”
- Treat yourself, and your loved one, to an authentic Goan food on a romantic beach dinner date. Even better, take your partner for a luxury yacht cruise in Goa and host the most lovely candlelight dinner. Pick out from one of the best cruises in Goa and go sailing on the beautiful Goan rivers and seas.
Recommended Places to Stay in Goa
- Taj Exotica, Varca Beach
- The Park, Calangute
- Sol de Goa, Candolim Beach
- Casa Severina, Baga Beach
- Fahrenheit Hotels & Resorts, Calangute – Baga
Palm- fringed beaches, pristine backwaters, misty hills, expansive tea gardens, and an exotic wildlife, these immediately remind you of Kerala. It won’t be incorrect to say that God’s Own Country is one of the best honeymoon destinations in the world, attracting a large number of newlyweds and love-struck couples from far and wide, who wish to spend a blissful time in its serene and tranquil environs. From authentic Ayurvedic massages to laid back house boat rides, this state with its verdant landscape has so much to offer.
Romantic Things to Do in Kerala
- Go exploring the different vistas of nature in Munnar, walk amidst the tea and coffee plantations, get your fair share of adventure on an outdoor camping adventure, or unwind on a romantic Shikara Boat Ride at the gorgeous “Lake Kundala”.
- Spend a romantic escapade in the backwaters of Alleppey, opt for a houseboat stay and experience the most blissful time together while enjoying the encompassing serenity.
- Spend some time watching the sunset with your better half at the pristine “Kovalam Beach”.
- Take a jungle holiday amidst the thick rainforests and dazzling waterfalls in Wayanad. The beautiful “Pookode Lake” nearby will give you and your partner an opportunity to revel in true romantic bliss.
- Enjoy a luxurious Ayurvedic Couple Massage in Palakkad. Visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of “Kalpathy Temple Complex” and pray for a blissful start to your new life together.
- Cosy up in a tree house stay right in the midst of the forest at Thekkady, and wake up to the most relaxed morning of your life. Listen to the music of chirping birds and feast your eyes to breath-taking vistas of waterfalls, and the thick woods nearby.
- Admire an authentic Kathakali or Kalaripayattu performance at Cochin.
Recommended Places to Stay in Kerala
- Lemon Tree
- Vembanad Lake Resort
- Marari Beach Resort
- Club Mahindra, Munnar
- Vivanta By Taj, Kovalam
- Nova Holidays Houseboat
Sitting 600 miles southwest of India, the stunning archipelago of Maldives tops the bucket list for all those seeking the best places for honeymoon vacation around the world. The collection of 26 atolls boasts some of the planet’s most quixotic islands and dreamy beaches that provide couples with a fabulous opportunity to rekindle their romance after all that hullabaloo of all the wedding ceremonies. A stay at the luxury overwater bungalows and honeymoon resorts brings all those dreamy romantic desires to life.
Romantic Things to Do in Maldives
- Take an underwater dive together, and observe the magic of colourful coral reefs. Watch the rich marine life unfold before your eyes. Go snorkelling, scuba diving or sea walking, the options are aplenty.
- Plan an island hopping tour, and wake up to a romantic sunrise each morning.
- Embark on a traditional dhoni boat ride, and sail amidst the azure waters with your better half.
- Walk the shores of “Glowing Beach”. Watching the dark sea lit up with sparkling blue lights in the middle of the night, would be no less of an experience straight out of a story book.
- Take a private yacht, and romance your sweetheart on a sunset cruise. Gently lapping waves, empty horizon, golden hues of the setting sun, and chilly winds, these are sure to make your experience even more thrilling and romantic.
- Spoil yourselves at a luxury underwater villa. Even better, plan a dinner date at an underwater restaurant submerged five metres within the sea, called the “Ithaa Undersea Restaurant”. It is a magical wonder and leaves every lovebird with both a visual and a gastronomic treat.
- Spend a cosy time together watching an outdoor beach cinema. Many luxury resorts in Maldives offer this romantic experience. Pick one for yourselves and enjoy a golden Hollywood classic under the open moonlit sky. Popcorns, gourmet snacks, and a soft breeze brushing your face create a soothing ambience.
- Last but not the least, pamper yourselves with a rejuvenating couple massage, and feel all the wedding stress melt away gradually.
Recommended Places to Stay in Maldives
- Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, South Male
- Anantara Kihavah Villas
- Niyama Resort, Dhaalu Atoll
- Four Seasons Resort; Ithaa
- Underwater Aquarium Resort
Embraced by the Aegean and Ionian Seas in the Southeast of Europe, Greece boasts a magical charm and a gorgeous architecture that makes it a hot pick amongst popular honeymoon destinations in the world. The place, with its sun-kissed beaches, quaint towns, and fascinating history, attracts couples wanting to lose themselves in its dreamy aura. The postcard-perfect island of “Santorini” is dotted with stunning scenery, picturesque beaches, dormant volcanoes, while the white Cycladic houses, topped with signature blue domes, cast a magical spell on every visitor. Needless to say, Santorini is one romantic escapade that is sure to ignite that spark of romance hidden inside you.
Romantic Things to Do in Santorini
- Watch a romantic sunset at the village of Oia.
- Take a cable car ride up the cliffs of Fira, and raise a toast to your new beginnings.
- Cosy up with your special someone in the volcanic hot springs near Caldera.
- Slip away from the tourist hustle, and spend a quiet time at the Southern Peninsula.
- Enjoy sunbathing on the black sand beaches of Kamari and Perissa.
- Swim in the clear waters of Amoudi Bay, or even better, try cliff-diving for an incredible thrilling experience.
- Admire the breathtaking view from the ruined city of ancient Thira.
- Go on a picturesque hike from Fira to Oia.
Recommended Places to Stay in Santorini
- Alonistra Oia Houses, Oia
- Antoperla Luxury Hotel & Spa, Perissa
- Merovigla Studios, Imerovigli
- Christina’s Cave House, Fira
Cosy restaurants, atmospheric boulevards, pristine gardens, ancient palaces, and several ancient Shinto shrines, this is the city of Kyoto, the most beautiful and romantic getaway in Japan. The gorgeous city, with its historic ambience and dreamy vibes, is perfect to create some unforgettable honeymoon memories. Take a walk down the cherry blossom lined paths, go for peaceful strolls around the Zen gardens, visit the ancient temples, take an exotic sake tour, or enjoy a private cooking lesson with your better half, there are plenty of things to do in this romantic honeymoon destination.
Romantic Things to Do in Kyoto
- Visit a temple, and spend time meditating on the beauty of its gardens.
- Take a romantic evening stroll walking down the lantern-lit streets of Gion, the famous Japanese neighbourhood known for its geisha. Walk past the beautiful tea houses, enjoy a traditional meal in one of its intimate restaurants, or plan a private dinner with a geisha for an offbeat experience.
- Embark on a traditional Japanese Rickshaw Ride. With just you and your better half cuddled in the backseat, it would be not just a fun filled and unique ride, but also the most romantic experience.
- Spend a romantic date with your significant half at the ancient neighbourhood of Arashiyama. The heritage site is famous for its bamboo groves that offer a perfect setting for intimate strolls. Couples could also walk down the historic bridge on the “Katsura River” and witness a magical sunset. Visit the romantic Shinto “Nonomiya Shrine” to pray for their marital bliss, or simply soak up in the scenic vibes on the romantic “Sagano Train” ride.
- Spend an intimate time together with a traditional Shiatsu Treatment (the famous Japanese Massage), and let go of all the worries.
Recommended Places to Stay in Kyoto
- Old Kyoto Machiya
- Hotel Hyatt Regency
- Hotel Four Seasons
- The Ritz Carlton
- Solaria Nishitetsu
Located by the banks of the River Seine, Paris is a city that permeates love through every nook and cranny. There is something mysteriously magical in its air that has enticed couples from all over the world for many years. Be it the charm of the gorgeous Eiffel Tower, the allure of the cobblestoned alleyways, or the charisma of the baroque architecture that dots its streets, the city has always made the couples fall head over heels.
Romantic Things to Do in Paris
- Celebrate your togetherness, or renew your wedding vows at the famous “Temple of Love”, built on the small island of Parc. The highlight of this unique shrine is its boat ride that is enchantingly romantic.
- Take your partner and go for a cruise along the “River Seine”.
- Enjoy a romantic stroll through the oldest standing arc bridge of Paris, “Pont Neuf”.
- Walk past the icon of love, the famous “Eiffel Tower”, and take a selfie against the gorgeous background. Even if you are already married, propose to your special someone under its golden façade. That would certainly make for your most romantic moment in Paris.
- Visit the world-famous “Louvre Palace”, and be romantically inspired by the iconic paintings that adorn its walls.
- Tie a ribbon on the “Pont des Art Bridge”, and express your love for one another.
- Take a day trip to the beautiful neighbourhood of “Montmartre”. With cobblestoned lanes, panoramic vistas, and a village-like atmosphere, no wonder it is famous as a lovers’ paradise. Couples could just roam around the café-lined boulevards, watch a cabaret at the famous “Moulin Rouge”, or visit the museum of “Musee de l’Erotisme”, to spice up their honeymoon.
Recommended Places to Stay in Paris
- Hotel Plaza Athénée
- Hotel Four Seasons George V
- Hotel Novotel Paris
- Hotel des Arts, Montmartre
- Fred Hotel
Prague, Czech Republic
When it comes to selecting that one enchanting honeymoon destination in Europe, which is also easy on the pockets, probably Prague in Czech Republic tops the list. A perfect mix of modernity with Bohemian vibes, dotted with magnificent hill castles, gothic churches, and statue-lined bridges, creates a magical scene from an urban fairytale land that entices honeymooners to have a great time in the city. Walk hand in hand through picturesque squares, over the ornate bridges, or across the cobblestoned streets, and you are sure to create some beautiful memories with your soulmate in the historic city.
Romantic Things to Do in Prague
- Walk up to the famous “Lover’s Bridge”, an icon of love located along a small canal in the district of Mala Strana. Fix a padlock here and seal your love for another for life.
- Visit the scenic “Petrin Park”, the city’s most popular romantic attraction. Go for a quiet stroll, get lost together in its mirror maze, and if time permits, head to the observatory for a spectacular view of the city from the top. Come here on May Day and kiss your beloved in front of the statue of Czech’s most romantic poet, Karel Macha.
- Go on a romantic “Vltava River Cruise” and sail past the historical monuments, and the pristine scenery, with a glass of carefully selected Czech wine to enjoy the experience in style.
- Take a hike to the scenic “Vítkov Hill”, dominated by the largest equestrian statue in the world. The place is perfect to cosy up in each other’s company, watch a blissful sunset together, or sip a glass of wine and toast to your own beginnings.
- Snuggle up in a chauffeur driven vintage car and add a touch of royalty to your honeymoon in Prague.
- Take a break from the city’s crowded streets and plan a lunch date amidst its historic vineyards. A gourmet meal, Czech’s finest collection of wines, and a bewitching scenery, these will spice up your romance in more ways than you can imagine.
Recommended Places to Stay in Prague
- Four Seasons Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental
- King Charles Boutique Residence
- Alchymist Nosticova Palace
New South Wales, Australia
A gorgeous scenic splendour dotted with rugged mountainscapes, charming valleys, and white sand beaches, that’s the best way to describe New South Wales in Australia. It is a little slice of heaven for lovers and honeymooners, letting them enjoy a blissful time amidst verdant scenery and romantic vibes.
Romantic Things to Do in New South Wales
- Start off your holidays visiting the Bohemian chic town of “Byron Bay”. A perfect blend of tropical rainforests and soft sandy beaches provide for that much needed escape after a hectic schedule surrounding the wedding. Kick off your day with your partner with some beach yoga, followed by a scrumptious champagne breakfast. Spend the rest of the day snagging some romantic one-on-one time along the crystal beach waters, embark on rainforest tours, or enjoy windsurfing lessons.
- Visit the quaint hamlet of “Hunter Valley”. The lovely Australian countryside has a lot in its store to choose from. Couples can start off their day with a romantic pre-dawn hot-air balloon experience, followed by an exciting vineyard tour in the afternoon. A ‘Grape Stomping’ competition in one of the vineyards is something that you should definitely try.
- Complete your New South Wales Honeymoon Tour in the city of Sydney. Enjoy the views of the magical sunset on the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Watch a live Opera Performance in the Iconic Sydney Opera House, or engage in a playful Beach Volleyball competition with your other half at Bondi Beach. You now have enough memories to take home with you.
Recommended Places to Stay in New South Wales
- Pretty Beach House
- Central Coast
- Paperbark Camp, South Coast
- Banjara Retreat, Blue Mountains
- Baynton Cottage, Southern Highlands
- Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat, Northern Rivers
If you and your precious half are dreaming of an exotic and magical honeymoon escapade, pick Bali as your go-to honeymoon destination. With its idyllic landscapes, tropical shores, lush paddy fields, and a gentle breeze, combined with rich cultural offerings and a lively nightlife, needless to say, it’s a paradise for lovers, and offers the perfect settings for a romantic honeymoon destination. Did I mention it’s affordable too? Well, you can live like royals for days here just for a fraction of the price you would spend in Europe or the Caribbean. A complete win, I would say!
Romantic Things to Do in Bali
- Experience romantic bliss in Bali by visiting the charming beaches of Jimbaran, and watch the world’s most romantic sunset against the stunning backdrop of the ancient “Uluwatu Temple”. A quiet walk along the coast, with soft sea breeze, rolling waves, and cold tropical drinks, would be another unforgettable romantic experience.
- For those with a taste for some of out-of-the-box things in life, an uber-romantic dinner at a cave in “Nusa Dua” is something highly recommended. Dotted with candles and soft waves hugging the shores nearby, it would be no less than a magical affair straight from a story book that adds to your unforgettable honeymoon memories in Indonesia.
- Wanting to give your sweetheart a luxury honeymoon experience in Bali? Surprise her with a helicopter ride. Probably, it is one of the most romantic things to do in Bali, as you and your special someone would be left in awe as you fly over the mesmerizing coastline, spectacular river gorges, and the picturesque Uluwatu Temple beneath you.
- Add spark to your romance in Bali with some water adventure. Go jet-skiing, parasailing, or surfing on its gorgeous array of beaches. Something more strenuous, like wreck diving, or jungle canopy walking, would let you know the adventurous side of each other.
- Your honeymoon in Bali is incomplete without taking a trip to the enchanting “Kamandalu Swing”. Enveloped by lush greenery, the swing comes forth as a perfect romantic retreat in Bali, and offers loved hearts an escape from the city crowds. Couples could spend some time cuddling and lazing around, or go for professional couple photography to serve as a remembrance of their trip to this beautiful city.
Recommended Places to Stay in Bali
- Hanging Gardens, Ubud
- Four Seasons Resort, Ubud
- Viceroy Jungle Retreat, Ubud
- Alila Villas, Uluwatu
- Six Senses; Uluwatu
- The Legian Bali, Seminyak
Koh Samui, Thailand
Exotic landscape with vast stretches of white sands, lapped by turquoise waters and soaring coconut groves, Koh Samui is another idyllic honeymoon destination to kick start your marital bliss. The scenic paradise offers amorous couples great opportunities to spend time together while enjoying exciting escapades. From sunset cruises and private dining experiences to romantic beach dates and relaxing spa treatments, there is everything in Samui for a perfect romantic honeymoon destination.
Romantic Things to Do in Koh Samui
- Stay in one of the country’s several sea-facing villas and take in the beauty of the panoramic vistas. Even better, enjoy a dip in their their private pools and spend an evening with your special someone under the star-lit sky.
- Take your sweetheart for an exquisite dinner right amid the treetops. The “Anantara Lawana Restaurant” in North Chaweng, with its ancient tree canopies, and a rustic charm, provides the best of this unique dining extravaganza, and leaves every loved heart with great honeymoon memories to take home.
Recommended Places to Stay in Koh Samui
- Banyan Tree Samui
- Conrad Koh Samui
- Chaweng Noi Pool Villa
- Melati Beach Resort & Spa
- Beluga Boutique Hotel
Well-known for its sun-kissed beaches, secluded islands, bountiful hill resorts, and verdant forests, Malaysia is the ultimate romantic getaway for honeymooners and love-struck couple looking for a romantic getaway in South East Asia. While this beautiful nation is sprinkled with innumerable dreamy wonders, Langkawi, with its romantic vibes, laid-back aura, and untouched serenity, is the country’s most popular honeymoon destination, attracting a large number of couples and newlyweds from far and wide.
Romantic Things to Do in Malaysia
- Go on a romantic walk across the famous “Langkawi Sky Bridge”. Suspended from a height of almost 82 meters high, about 328 feet above ground, a walk here is one of the most romantic experiences to have in Langkawi.
- Little needs to be said about the enchanting beaches of Langkawi! There are three favourites – azure waters, pearly white sands, and warmth of the sun. Spend the entire day lazing around, or take a romantic stroll along the shores while enjoying the beautiful sunset in the arms of your loved one. Can there be anything more romantic?
- Entire the magic of aquatic heaven with your partner at the small island of “Pulau Payar”. Go snorkelling or scuba diving, and enjoy the company of not only your soulmate but also, thousands of sea creatures and colourful corals as you swim past them.
- If a beach adventure is on your mind, head to “Pentai Cenang”, and get an adrenaline pump with a wide range of activities, including jet-skiing, parasailing, and banana boat rides.
- Enjoy a massage with your better half on a private beach. Many hotels offer this special service for honeymoon couples and love birds. Talk with your hotel staff and check out their options for the same. Even better, go for a steamy spa session with your special someone at an outdoor salt-water spring, and take your honeymoon to another level.
- Book a dinner for two at a beach restaurant and splurge on all your favourite seafood, along with a nice bottle of wine.
- Step into a world straight out of an adventure-romance novel with a day trip to the postcard-perfect island of “Dayang Bunting”. Go swimming, kayaking, exploring the mangrove forests and hidden bat caves, or just sit back, relax and enjoy each other’s company.
Recommended Places to Stay in Langkawi
- Four Seasons Resort Langkawi, Tanjung Rhu
- Berjaya Langkawi Resort, Kedah
- The Frangipani Langkawi Resort & Spa, Pantai Tengah
- The Andaman Luxury Collection Resort, Datai
Florida, United States
Blessed by nature’s bounty, and offering numerous opportunities for outdoor fun, the sunshine state of Florida in the United States is an empyrean for lovers. Its pristine and balmy beaches, dotted with idyllist landscapes and postcard-perfect backdrop, offer a great time to couples wanting to soak in some sunshine, go swimming, or scout through the seashells that have been washed up ashore. One of the largest states in the US is also home to several amusement and theme parks that provide a fun time to couples wishing to bring out the hidden child within them.
Romantic Things to Do in Florida
- Florida is widely famed for its beaches, many of which are a heaven for colourful coral reefs and exotic marine life. Couples could go scuba diving or snorkelling. A historic shipwreck site at the “Spiegel Grove”, at the island chain of “Florida Keys”, is something not to be missed by the adventurists, and makes for an unconventional yet romantic activity on their honeymoon in Florida.
- If ever there was a place designed especially for couples in this beautiful American state, it’s the “Lovers Key State Park” near Fort Myers. White sand beach shore and calm waves lend it a romantic charm, perfect for loved hearts to pack a picnic and spread out a beach blanket on the sand. The pristine shoreline offers great chance for dolphin spotting too. Arrive here at sunrise, and you will be able to see groups of dolphins feeding just offshore. Various kayaking tours are also organised on the coast which allow you to get close wto these playful sea creatures.
- No trip to Florida is complete without visiting the world-famous “Magic Kingdom Park” that sits in Orlando. Visit the park and step into a fantasy world full of fairytale stories and Disney classics. Rent a double kayak and explore the seven seas lagoon with your loved one. Capture a kiss in front of Cinderella Castle, or arrange a surprise for your beloved at the resort room. Take it from us, you will leave with memories that you will visit from time to time.
Recommended Places to Stay in Florida
- The Ritz Carlton, Amelia Island
- Hawks Cay, Duck Key
- Little Palm Island Resort & Spa, Lower Torch Key
- The Don Cesar, St. Pete Beach
- The Setai, Miami Beach
Straddling both Europe and Asia along the Bosphorus Strait, Istanbul is the cultural and financial capital of Turkey. The modern and diverse city intertwines with an intriguing past of the Byzantine, Roman and Ottoman Empires that have left their mark in the form of a spectacular architecture, culinary heritage, and resplendent bazaars. The ancient city has gained quite a reputation in recent times as one of the best romantic places in the world. Whether you are looking for an escapade with your loved one, or are on a honeymoon vacation, Istanbul has so many things to do to make your romantic retreat an unforgettable experience.
Romantic Things to Do in Istanbul
- Visit the famous “Topkapi Palace” with your significant other and lose yourselves in the magical tales of the Ottoman Era as you walk past its harems, royal baths, and kitchens, through a series of well-manicured gardens and courtyards.
- Take a glimpse into the fascinating Byzantine history on a trip to the beautiful “Hagia Sophia Museum”. Admire its gilded interiors, which are decked up with Quranic Verses and dazzling mosaic work.
- Embark on a romantic dinner date on a cruise along the Bosphorus and watch the sky bathe in millions of shimmering lights. Delectable Turkish mezze spread, and a passionate belly dance performance under the starry sky, is sure to make your evening even more memorable and a dreamy affair.
- Venture on a day trip to the tranquil “Princes’ Island”. Famous for its soothing ambience since the Byzantine times, couples can hop on to the traditional horse-drawn carriages called fayton. Feel the romance in the air while touring past the picturesque poplar trees, beautiful wooden chalets, and ancient villas.
- Treat yourselves to the world-famous Turkish Couple Baths and Massage. Warm foamy waters, scented with rose, with grand architecture surrounding you, makes you feel like a prince and a princess. Can there be a more intimate and romantic experience for the newlyweds? While not all classic hammams in the country offer Turkish baths for couples, the “Suleymaniye Bath” is a place where the love birds can not only receive the traditional therapy but also get a taste of an amazing Turkish culture.
Recommended Places to Stay in Istanbul
- Régie Ottoman Istanbul, Old City Sultanahmet
- Four Seasons Hotel, Bosphorus
- W Istanbul, Beşiktaş
- Witt Istanbul Suites, Beyoğlu
Stunning gardens, delightful parks, sparkling canals and a hygge lifestyle is what defines the gorgeous city of Copenhagen in Denmark. The beautiful Danish capital is one of the most happiest and quixotic cities on earth, inviting an impressive number of romantic visitors from across the globe. From carousel rides in the world’s oldest theme parks to dreamy strolls through the bylanes steeped in fascinating history, a variety of experiences await you here.
Romantic Things to Do in Copenhagen
- Visit the fairytale “Rosenberg Palace” and relive the times bygone in the royal Scandinavian history. The “Kongens Have”, or the “King’s Garden”, in front of the palace, provides for a peaceful heaven and is just right for romantic picnics.
- Embark on a trip to the most famous amusement park in Scandinavia, the “Tivoli Pleasure Gardens”. There are roller coasters, Ferris wheels, and plenty of interesting rides that can set your adrenaline soaring high. If you happen to be here in the afternoon, spend some time listening to a musical performance or watching a pantomime performance.
- Copenhagen is a city that is founded on water, and you are never far off from one of the canals or the harbour front. Go for a cruise over these waterways or hire a private row boat for a more intimate experience. In summers, join the locals sitting along these canals, and revel in the lively atmosphere created by jazz.
- Visit the “Little Mermaid” with your better half. Based on the fairytale classic by the most famous children’s storyteller of his times, Hans Christian Anderson, the statue is one of the must visit attractions in Copenhagen and makes for an Instagram-perfect photo op. In close proximity lies “The Nyhavn”, the old port of Copenhagen, which is now a vibrantly coloured townhouses and chic restaurants. Grab a seat in one of its quayside cafes and enjoy a romantic dinner date, just the two of you.
- There is no better way to flatter your sweetheart more than a great shopping experience. Take her to “Strøget”, a narrow shopping street in the Old City, which is home to various international fashion brands. She would fall in love with you all over again for that, we promise!
Recommended Places to Stay in Copenhagen
- Marriott Copenhagen, København
- Sanders Boutique Hotel, København
- Hotel d’Angleterre, Kongens Nytorv
- The Andersen Hotel B&B, Vesterbro
- First Hotel Mayfair, Copenhagen City Center
Well, while thinking about a honeymoon in Europe, the first few places that would flash through your mind would possibly be Paris or Rome. The beautiful city of Budapest in Hungary teems with a magical atmosphere just like Paris. Although, the city is much cheaper than the latter, and makes for a perfect romantic escapade peppered with resplendent architecture, enchanting riverside views, and lots of fairytale locations.
Romantic Things to Do in Budapest
- Step back in time and relive the history of Budapest at the “Buda Castle District”. Walking on its cobblestoned streets, charming cafes and historic buildings, is one of the most romantic things to do in this country.
- Share some intimate moments together at Budapest’s famous “Fisherman’s Bastion”, which looks straight out of a Disney classic. Plan a trip here in the evening and watch the most magical panorama of the setting sun unfold before your eyes – romantic, isn’t it?
- Often the thermal spas and baths are the reason most people travel to Budapest. Needless to say, they are an idyllic spot for romance and intimate conversations. While the Szechenyi, Gellert and Lukacs Baths are the most popular ones in the country, if you are looking for a more amorous experience away from the crowds, the beautifully renovated Veli Bej Spa would be an ideal option.
- A quiet stroll along the Danube River, a luxury candlelit dinner cruise, or watching the sunset together, would be the most romantic experience in Budapest.
Recommended Places to Stay in Budapest
- Hotel Moments Budapest
- 7 Seasons Apartment Budapest
- Continental Hotel
- Callas House
- Hotel Carlton Budapest
Planning a honeymoon vacation or a romantic getaway somewhere in the Caribbean? The stunning island of Puerto Rico is a perfect lovers’ paradise. Whether you want to relax and unwind after a hectic wedding schedule, or get busy exploring the city with your soulmate, there is aplenty to do in Puerto Rico to leave you with an intimate and unforgettable holiday experience.
Romantic Things to Do in Puerto Rico
- Start off on your romantic journey with a tour of the “Old San Juan”. Wander through the cobblestoned boulevards, past the colourful “Paseo de la Princesa”, the majestic “Raices Fountain”,and an ultra-scenic “San Juan Bay” at the end. As you walk, look out for the live musical performances on the street, and busy caricature artists and local craftsmen displaying their work of art. Pause and buy your loved one a unique piece of art or jewellery to remember the moment.
- Head to the tiny isle of “Culebra”. Known for its pristine waters, private beaches and a natural barrier of coral reefs, it’s an ideal destination to get away from the crowds and spend a cosy time together. Visitors can also go snorkelling, swimming, or scuba diving.
- Venture on a romantic sunset tour to the secluded island of “Rincon”. A horseback ride with your soulmate watching the sun go down would truly be a magical experience here.
- Learn the most seductive dance of the world, Salsa. Many restaurants offer free lessons, and learning it could be one of your most romantic escapades in Puerto Rico.
- Puerto Rico is home to three of the world’s five bioluminescent bays. Formed by microscopic organisms called dinoflagellates, these glowing bays are simply ethereal and make for one the most romantic experiences to have in the Caribbean nation. Couples can opt for an array of kayak tours and watch the rare phenomenon of planktons coming to life with their surreal neon illuminance – a rare and incredible sight!
Recommended Places to Stay in Puerto Rico
- Maria’s Beach Luxury Villa, Rincon
- Villa Herencia, Old San Juan
- El Conquistador Resort, Fajardo
- Rincon Beach Resort, Rincon
A tropical paradise in the Caribbean, Costa Rica is one of the best honeymoon spots worldwide. It is famous for its breathtaking beautiful beaches. You and your better half can learn to surf together, go snorkelling, kayaking, or simply sit by the shore and watch the waves roll in. Then, there are amazing waterfalls, lush tropical rain forests, hot thermal pools, and endless adventure, besides tons of tasty tropical treats to leave you overwhelmed.
Romantic Things to Do in Costa Rica
- Visit the narrow white sand beach of “Playa Chiquata”, which is a lover’s paradise and offers them much needed privacy amidst dense rainforests and calm azure waters. Walk along the endless stretches of the expansive coastline, watch the sunset, or just lie in each other’s arms underneath a brilliant moonlit sky. Couples looking for adventure can also dive down and delight in the colour and variety of sea life teeming with manta rays, sea turtles, blue parrotfish, anemones, and a lot more.
- A bath in Costa Rica’s geothermal springs is another of the things that couples can try out. The “Arenal Volcano” area is very famous for this activity, and provides the ultimate relaxation to love birds yearning for a cosy time amidst serene settings of nature.
- Costa Rica is famed for its enthralling waterfall hikes. Thrill seeking couples are sure to love this unique adventure that provides for a great bonding experience. Planning to partake this activity? Look out for the “La Fortuna Waterfalls”, “Nauyaca Waterfalls”, or “Jaco Waterfalls”, which are a timeless favourite amongst locals and tourists alike.
Recommended Places to Stay in Costa Rica
- Four Seasons Resorts Costa Rica
- Nayara Springs Relais & Chateaux
- Volcano Lodge
- Villa Mango Moon
South Island, New Zealand
A gorgeous scenic panorama peppered with majestic mountains, verdant forests, dazzling lakes, emerald oceans, and striking vineyards, New Zealand is a true honeymooner’s paradise epitomizing love, romance and togetherness. The breathtakingly beautiful country is home to a number of romantic and intimate getaways that ensure you have a gala time with your soulmate. From enthralling adventures, rustic scenery and gourmet treats, to accommodations in amazing locations, you have everything to lend a magical start to your honeymoon here.
Romantic Things to Do in South Island, New Zealand
- Visit the scenic retreats of Queenstown. Snuggled on the banks of the enchanting Wakatipu Lake and flanked by the awe-inspiring peaks of the Southern Alps, the place is sure to bring out the hidden poet within you. Go for a dreamy ride up the “skyline gondola”, walk hand in hand marvelling at the vistas of the “Queenstown Gardens”, venture on a horse-riding experience alongside the glacial fed rivers, drive to the majestic “Mount Cook National Park”, or spend a dreamy night on the shores of “Lake Tekapo” gazing at the star-lit sky with your special someone.
- Queenstown proudly holds the reputation of being the adventure capital of the world. Try bungee jumping, tandem skydiving, white water rafting, canyoning, or ice-climbing.
- Embark on a pre-dawn balloon safari in Christchurch and witness the magical landscape of New Zealand unfold as the sun takes on the skyline. A silver-served champagne breakfast after the flight is an icing on the cake.
- New Zealand is famed for its wineries and vineyards. Go for an exciting biking tour across the heritage vineyard trails of Marlborough. Also try out New Zealand’s finest selection of wines.
- Venture on a romantic cruise journey to the World Heritage “Fiordland National Park”, and the spectacularly stunning “Milford Sound”. You can also kayak or walk in the area. Not to mention, the road to Milford is bestowed with the most spellbinding scenery in the world, so, make sure you have plenty of stops for the most rustic experience.
Recommended Places to Stay in South Island, New Zealand
- Blanket Bay Honeymoon Lodge, Glenorchy
- Matakauri Lodge, Lake Wakatipu
- Peppers Bluewater Resort, Lake Tekapo
- The George, Christchurch
- Milford Sound Lodge, Milford Sound
Seductive landscapes, handsome medieval towns, and the endless blue of the Adriatic, Croatia is a hidden jewel in the crown of Eastern Europe. The gorgeous little place, with its stunning visual appeal, diversity of things to do, a delectable gourmet cuisine, and an array of luxury & world-class resorts, makes for a wonderful choice to plan for a honeymoon. Take a walk past the fortified cities, dine in the al-fresco cafes, sail around the secluded coves, or simply laze along a quiet beach, Croatia guarantees to deliver memories for a lifetime.
Romantic Things to Do in Croatia
- Embark on a romantic journey by visiting the ancient walled city of “Dubrovnik”. Lose yourselves in its UNESCO-listed labyrinth of cobbled streets or walk past the impressive piazzas and baroque mansions that dot the area. Stay right in its heart after dusk and enjoy a latte in an al-fresco café, or a beer at a local bar.
- Plan a trip to the tiny “Island of Lokrum”. The serene shores have mesmerizing sapphire waters, verdant greenery, and a beautiful Benedictine Monastery to explore. Couples could go kayaking, swimming in the little natural pools, or enjoy a picnic in the woods.
- Explore the ancient fishing port of “Rovinj”. The narrow cobbled-stone pathways and bright Venetian styled houses, deeply steeped in romance, are great for taking a casual stroll.
- Plan an escapade to “Hvar”. Home to deserted beaches, olive groves, orchards and vineyards, the place is a paradise for lovers. Go for a secluded slip, tour the vineyards, stop by the Franciscan Monastery, sail around the isolated coves, or try a beach sport with your better half, and you are sure to return with countless honeymoon memories to take home.
- Ferry to the exquisite “Pakleni Islands”. Located at a close distance from Hvar, the place exudes romantic vibes. Pamper yourself with wine tasting, fine dining, yachting and sunbathing.
Recommended Places to Stay in Croatia
- The Adriana Hvar Spa Hotel, Hvar
- Villa Orsula Dubrovnik, Dubrovnik
- Hotel Monte Mulini, Rovinj
- Hotel Adriatic, Rovinj
Plan your honeymoon at one of these 19 most romantic honeymoon destinations in the world and fulfill all your wishes regarding it. Let us know where you plan on spending your honeymoon, and why!